The Bjorem Fronting & Backing Minimal Pair Cards by Rebecca Reinking are for children who present with the error pattern of velar and palatal fronting. They can also be used for children who are backing their alveolar sounds.
For example, your child might look at a picture of a “key” but say “tea” instead.
The minimal pairs therapy approach has been used to treat children who have mild-severe phonological impairments.
The Bjorem Fronting & Backing Minimal Pair Cards:
* Targets velar and palatal fronting and backing
* Total of 60 cards (52 minimal pair cards)
* 4 different types of cue cards
* Includes words in initial and final position, plus clusters
* Target sounds include 'k' vs. 't', 'g', vs. 'd', and 'sh' vs. 's'.