The Bjorem 'S' Cluster Reduction Minimal Pair Cards by Rebecca Reinking are for children who present with the error pattern of reducing or omitting the initial ‘s’ sound in words containing ‘s’ clusters.
For example, your child might look at a picture of “spin” but say “pin” instead.
The minimal pairs therapy approach has been used to treat children who have mild-severe phonological impairments.
The Bjorem S Cluster Reduction Minimal Pair Cards
* Targets 's' cluster reduction
* Total of 72 cards (66 minimal pair cards)
* 3 different types of cue cards
* Includes words in initial position only
* Target sounds include 'sk' vs. 'k', 'sl' vs. 'l', 'sm' vs. 'm', 'sn' vs. 'n', 'sp' vs. 'p', 'st' vs. 't', and 'sw' vs. 'w'